29.05.2020 Завдання з англійської мови дл 4-Д класу
Read the text.
I’m writing to you about my holiday in America. On the first of July I travelled to the States with my parents. My dad went there on business, and he took mum and me with him. We stayed in New York with his friends for two weeks. On July 4th they celebrated their favourite holiday, Independence Day. There was a street party in the centre of the city and in the afternoon we watched an American football match. And in the evening there were huge fireworks. There were lots of people outdoors. They shouted and cheered. The next day we made a sightseeing tour of the city centre on a tourist bus. There are a lot of huge skyscrapers, hotels, yellow cabs, interesting museums and shops in New York. We were on the Brooklyn Bridge, saw the Statue of Liberty. It is really wonderful! Then we visited the fantastic Art Gallery and walked around shops all day. Our plane to Kyiv was on the 15th. I’ll never forget my journey to New York!
Lots of love,
2. Read the sentences and mark the sentences as «True» or «False».
1) Alice was in New York in summer. – True.
2) She stayed there from 4th to 15th of July.
3) They watched the fireworks and then went to the stadium.
4) She didn’t visit any shops in New York.
5) They went on a sightseeing tour on 1st of July.
6) They were on the Brooklyn Bridge and saw the Hudson River.
Dear children! (Любі діти!)
Our school year is over! (Шкільний рік закінчено!)
Sing a song and say goodbye to school. (Заспівай і попрощайся зі школою)